Monday, June 16, 2008

Daddies Rock!


Well, as it turned out, Father's Day was a gorgeous day - nice enough for some swimming, and more than nice enough to throw some steaks on the grill and eat outside. The boys just loved the pool and swimming with Daddy - and I think Mark even enjoyed it, even when Jonathan leaped onto his back and said Okay, Daddy! GIDDY-UP!
I have to give Mark some credit here - mostly because I trashed him a few entries ago and figured I need to make it up somehow. Mark's a great Daddy. I know this because I look forward to the minute he walks in the door from work every night - because I know that my 8 hours alone with the boys is over. I know I can rely on him to walk through the door, put down his briefcase, and become a Daddy in an instant. He doesn't have much choice. A pair of children and a wild dog are all flinging themselves at him at once, leaving hardly any room for a very grateful wife - grateful that he not only is home safe for another night, but home to complete our family.
The free time that I do have, the little there is, I owe to Mark. Being able to even write this blog and keep up with it as much as I can is in part because of the time he allows me to myself - right now he's downstairs rough-housing with the little guys and I get my moment of sanity.
So Happy Father's Day, Mark. Thanks for being such a super Daddy to our little boys!

1 comment:

C.S. said...

Awwww!!!! He seems like an excellent Daddy! And without his moustache, he looks about 12! HA!