Monday, March 1, 2010

Can We Put Winter Behind Us Yet?

March 1st. Been looking forward to this day for a few months, lemme tell ya. And although it's spitting snow, cold, gray and damp again, there's a promise. The other day, I went outside to shake something out while I was doing a bit of cleaning, and the sun was out, it was in the 40's, (which felt balmy), the birds were singing and the slant of the sun suggested that winter was behind us. Let's hope. It can still snow something awful in the month of March, so we may not be out of the woods yet. But by April, which is just 4 short weeks and a few days away, things should definitely be looking warmer and brighter!

In all honesty, I haven't minded this weather too much this year, mostly because I've been pretty much house-bound anyway, with the new baby, the other kids being sick off and on, and most recently Nicholas with a bout of RSV that landed him in the hospital. I guess if I had to go out every day to do the school run (Mark's been doing that!) and bundling everyone up in coats and hats and mittens, myself included, I'd be minding the weather more. So now all I have is a very bad case of cabin fever, which will hopefully be cured as soon as the sun comes out for good, and the temperature hits the 60's!!

No comments: