Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jonathan is 6


Where, oh where did time go? Jonathan turned 6 years old yesterday. I have a 6 year old. Unbelievable. I remember the days when he was a baby - and a difficult one at that - the days that I would say to myself "someday he'll be old enough to go to school..." and now those days are here; HAVE been here. And now he's 6. He's so tall. He's got this quality about him that makes him seem older than his years, but he's still very much a little boy. Because he is so into maps and highways and atlases, I made him a United States cake. I got the pan last year on Ebay and had it hidden until yesterday. I used one of his little maps as a reference and free-handed the state outlines, then marked each state that he has been to so far. I had some leftover batter, so I made a smaller cake and turned that into Alaska and Hawaii. No, he hasn't actually been to Alaska, but was conceived there, so we thought it deserved special recognition!


And although you can't really tell here, the poor little guy had a fever and the beginnings of an ear infection. He's home from school today on antibiotics and playing with all his birthday loot.

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

No comments: