Friday, June 1, 2007

Packing Up

Well, we're getting ready to head out of town for awhile. My cousin Jean is getting married in Cheyenne, WY next week, and Mark and I and the boys are going to make a vacation out of it. We'll be there for the wedding, and then afterward, we're headed to Rapid City, SD to do some sightseeing, some birding and some relaxation! Hope to hit Badlands National Park, Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore and some other spots. We'll be dragging our computer along, so hopefully we'll be able to post a few pics along the way. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what a 3.5 hour plane ride is going to be like with a 3 year old and an almost 1 year old!

So after my last "rant" post about sibling rivalry, guess what happened this morning? Jonathan was in our bedroom when Matthew woke up and Jonathan heard him on the monitor. He told me that "Matt-you" was awake and that he wanted to go see him to "make him laugh and give him toys." How cute is that? A rare ray of sunshine between the two of them! And this afternoon, they both conspired together to overturn a full basket of CLEAN laundry and spread it all over the room. Giggling the whole time, I might add. How could I get upset? They were finally playing together happily, enjoying each other's company. Not the BEST example of domestic bliss, but at this point, I'll take what I can get! Off to fold up those clothes....again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It is a good way to keep in contact with friends and family. And I also find it just a good way to journal or keep track of things going on in my head. Or maybe events I want to remember. Someday I hope I go back and read my old posts and laugh. Oh and I just got back from Mt. Rushmore. I was there for a conference for work. It is really neat. Good luck with your travels!