Friday, July 13, 2007

So Where Was I?

Okay - remember I told you that we were actually filtering pool water? Well, we were, EXCEPT that we kinda noticed it wasn't going very well. We were definitely sucking air somewhere (perhaps two places) and everytime we went to vacuum, we lost suction and pressure. Not good. So we troubleshooted (troubleshot?) and finally found a broken skimmer pipe --- 2 feet UNDERGROUND. Let's make a long story short. It's fixed. Mark and I did some digging, some creative plumbing (we're actually really proud of ourselves) and we're back up and running. The next night (Monday) we actually got into a clean, clear pool. Honestly? I think the pool runs better now than ever since we even bought this place. So we've had problems all along. Still have LOTS of cleanup to do - we're working on it!

And a little sad news - my great-aunt died on Sunday, so I had to run down to Baltimore with the boys for the funeral this week - that's why I didn't get a chance to blog. We got back late yesterday afternoon.

Looking forward to the weekend - we're hopefully going to get this place whipped into shape - clean up all the mess both inside and out of the house! And maybe take the kids on a little daytrip to a cool park we found in West Virginia and do a hike and a picnic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bec - I think after all this hard work you should have us all come down for a huge pool party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!