Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 1, Resolution Still Intact

Hmmmmm - maybe this New Year's Resolution stuff might work after all. Today, I got up, made a list of things I'd like to accomplish by bedtime. As I look over that list right now, happily, I see that every single one of them has been scratched off, and I could've even added more and scratched them off, too, just to make myself feel even more satisfied.
It wasn't a very ambitious list - nothing like say, what Martha Stewart's daily list might look like (build a compost site, paint the living room, prepare for 20-person dinner party), no, rather, it was simple - two loads of laundry, washed, dried AND folded and put away, schedule a repair date for my flute (LOTS of phone calls!), cut up the pineapple I bought over the weekend, read a weekly publication that I always fall behind on, schedule Matthew's 18 month well-baby visit, etc... not to mention the usual stuff - phone call to mom, cook, serve and clean up 3 meals, and a run to Walmart and Staples, AND, I'm happy to say, that my day also included over an hour of reading time with Jonathan (Matthew, thanks buddy for that 3 hour nap you had today!) and we even watched a show together and talked about it while we were watching. So all in all - a great day. And not what I expected, because today, of all days, was a very long day for me since Mark was gone from 7:30-5:30, then home for dinner and gone again from 6:45 to 8:45. So Day One of resolution worked out well - we're going for Day Two tomorrow. I think I better start making that list now....

No comments: