Monday, August 6, 2007

A Few Things of Note....

Just a few things to tell - some of you know about my "wristwatch woes". If you don't, here's a synapsis - thought my Fossil watch had a dead battery - took it in, had it replaced. Worked fine for a week, then stopped keeping time, but second hand was still moving. Repair guy thought it needed to be cleaned and oiled to the tune of $30. Well, the watch wasn't hugely expensive to begin with, so I told Mark to buy me another for Christmas. In the meantime, I would wear my Seiko, and go buy another "everyday" watch at Walmart - just a cheapie. Which I did. Two days later, both the Seiko AND the Walmart watch both stopped running. But they would always start up again later. I was completely baffled, until I thought of an explanation - when I wash dishes, I lay my watches in a little wooden bowl on my windowsill in my kitchen. I assumed that the humidity was slowing them down, and when I would take them out of the window, they would work fine. Fast forward another week. By this time, I'm completely anal about checking all my watches - have them all laying out side-by-side, INCLUDING the Fossil which I thought was just dead. All working great. UNTIL Saturday. Wore my Fossil, and on the other wrist, wore my new, cool, magnetic bracelet. That night, took them all off and put all of it into a pile. Guess what? Fossil stopped overnight. Removed it from the presence of the magnetic bracelet, and VOILA - it works again. It wasn't the humidity. It wasn't dead batteries. It was the bracelet, which, for awhile, had been living in that little bowl on my windowsill. Glad I got that cleared up - it was driving me crazy!

And in other news, Mark has been singing a new song around the house lately: to the tune of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover".... Mark sings: "50 Ways to Have Zucchini". Tonight's menu - kebobs - shrimp, pepper, onion, and of course, zucchini. On the grill. Marinated in herb-garlic stuff. And I've still got more zucchini the size of baseball bats, on the vine, in the fridge. Why don't the deer and chipmunks eat these, huh?.

No comments: