Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Sad Read

Sometimes it's easy to lose yourself in the drudgery of everyday life - easy to complain about the heat, the lack of A/C in the house, the husband who has to work late on the very day the kids have been climbing the walls all day. The double-batch of zucchini bread that turned out so awful it came out of the oven and went right to the trash can....
The last few weeks have had their low points, that's for sure. But then you stumble upon something that puts it all in perspective, and I'd like to share it, even though it's not the happiest thing in the world. I read this family's blog the other night - it's not long - it only covers a time period of a few precious months. Reading something like this was just the kick in the pants I needed when I was starting to feel a little sorry for myself. I am so grateful for my family, my children; my healthy, robust babies that bring me so much joy just by their very existence. I thank God every day for them, even when that prayerful thanks is followed by another prayer that God grant me enough patience to just get through another day.
So I leave you with this link. Whether or not you choose to read it is your decision - it is very sad.
http://babyleino.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

FishFam said...

Wow. I cannot imagine what those parents are going through. What I find most amazing is their undeniable faith. I fear that if anything was to ever happen to my children..well, let's just say I don't know if I would be so strong..in faith. God bless them.

Thanks for helping me put things into perspective as well. It has been a strenuous week - husband traveling and when he is home playing way too much golf, sick kids, pms - as such I haven't posted much. But I am going to go curl up on the couch with my 2 sweettarts and hug them close while we watch all the cartoons they want :)