Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Babies SWIM!

Jonathan with his favorite "noodle" - ONLY the purple one will do!


The next Michael Phelps? He was actually kicking his legs and moving his arms!

Okay, they aren't exactly swimming. But boy oh boy are they loving the pool. Both of them! Jonathan even jumped off the diving board yesterday into my arms. He kind of took me by surprise - I was floating around holding onto a "noodle" and he was running around on the deck tossing things in and out and being cute. All the sudden he calls me over and says "Mommy, I want to jump in." I hated discouraging him - I grew up in a pool and LOVED it - I want my kids to be the same way. So I paddled over and THEN he climbs onto the diving board. Looks at me with a big grin and says "Mommy, come closer". The rest is history, and since then he's done it half a dozen more times. I more or less catch him, make sure he doesn't go all the way under. Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

FishFam said...

That's great that you are getting them so used to the water so early. We started our kids in the pool early too. Joe, who is 5, is getting ready to join a swim team down at our gym. He has been a water bug since 2 - you can't keep him out of the pool. Jenna, just turned 3, is a bit more cautious but is starting to swim now too.

I miss having a pool... *heavy sigh*