Thursday, August 2, 2007

Zucchini, Zucchini, Zucchini

Well, the zucchini are coming fast and furious in the garden, and we've been eating it every night for a week now with no end in sight. I can't keep up with the ones that are getting so big - then I read somewhere that any "professional chef" wouldn't touch a zucchini over 5 inches long. HA! They're not THAT bad! Anyway - we've had it stir-fryed with fresh rosemary, stir-fryed with onions, stir-fryed with garlic and olive oil, zucchini pancakes and broiled zucchini with parmesan cheese and garlic pepper. Tonight I think it's going on the grill with some Old Bay seasoning. Anybody else got any other ideas? Email me if you do - if I don't keep changing the way I make it, I might go crazy.
Our banana peppers are coming in well - last night we had one cut up into our salad and it was a great addition. Tomatoes? Not so great - we have a small chipmunk problem! Mark has already caught five chipmunks this season. We re-locate them to a place we won't name and are very sure they don't (and can't) come back. But we think new ones are moving in as soon as the old ones get evicted! Ah, the joys of gardening!

No comments: