Thursday, February 14, 2008

60 Things

I saw this on someone else's blog, and decided to share. Go ahead and copy/paste if you want - I'd enjoy reading it on yours, too!

60 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? A stroller, a bag of plastic bags that needs to be recycled at the grocery store, some crayons, a few books, lots of crumbs, a few cheerios, a few goldfish, a few M+M's, and if I looked hard enough, probably a rock-hard french fry or two.

2. When was the last time you threw up? You've got to be kidding.

3. What's your favorite curse word? My Sicilian grandmother used to teach me a few. I won't share - in case one day you're listening....

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? My husband, Jonathan and Matthew

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Listening to one of Jonathan's monologues about highway exit numbers while pulling an incredibly cute and warm 19 month old in fuzzy, footed pajamas out of his crib.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Reading blogs with my first cup of coffee, enjoying the silence of sleeping children!

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Probably the grocery store and take the kiddos out to lunch - we need to get OUT!

8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Not to my knowledge!

9. What is the last thing you said aloud? Wait your turn. (Jonathan wanted to get on the computer and play Noggin.com)

10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Ben + Jerry's Caramel Sutra

11. What was the last thing you had to drink? C-C-C-Coffeeeeeeeeee

12. What are you wearing right now? Pajamas, robe and slippers - it's COLD this morning!

13. What was the last thing you ate? An orange - last night when we were watching a movie before going to bed. I'll be getting breakfast soon!

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Sadly, no.

15. When was the last time you ran? Last night, playing tag after dinner.

16. What's the last sporting event you watched? In entirety? The Super Bowl.

17. Do you have a birthmark? No

18. Who is the last person you emailed? My friends

19. Ever go camping? Yes - that's another whole months worth of blogs!

20. Do you have a tan? Reminds me, must buy another bottle....works GREAT by the way!

21. Farthest place you've been? From home? Alaska, I guess.

22. Dream/Favorite Car? I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler - but settled for a Cherokee out of college. And now the Wrangler is impractical for "families". Maybe I'll plant the seed in Jonathan's or Matthew's head and when they get one, I can drive it!

23. Morning or Night? Night, definitely. Kids in bed, house is quiet. Project time. TV time. Snuggle time. Crack open a few beers, enjoy the quiet, reminds us of our early marriage days!

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Only if it comes in a cup with a lid...duh

25. What did your last IM say? I honestly don't remember

26. Are you someone's best friend? I think so!

27. What are you doing tomorrow? Geez, let me get through today first - here's what I'd like to NOT do tomorrow: clean up poop, vomit, snot or blood from any surface in my home.

28. Where is your mom right now? Probably still in bed.

29. Look to your left, what do you see? A dishwasher and toaster oven, kitchen cabinets and dirty dishes by the sink. Sigh.

30. What color is your watch? Ummm, which one? My everyday is a silver Fossil with a blue face

31. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Outback Steakhouse - how bad is that?

32. Would you consider plastic surgery? Consider it? I've already had some!

33. What is your birthstone? Aquamarine

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive-thru? Lately it's been the drive-thru, but we've been known to go in from time to time!

35. How many kids do you want? OOOHHHH, sticky subject!

36. Do you have a dog? Regretfully, at times, YES.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone? Mark - on his way home last night.

38. Have you met anyone famous? Met? Does having breakfast two tables away from William H. Macy count?

39. Any plans today? Ummm, let's see. Grocery store, liquor store. Make lasagna for special Valentine's Day dinner. Make some sort of Valentine's Day treats for the boys. And 8pm, Survivor is on - no repeat episodes there!

40. How many states have you lived in? Just Maryland - different PLACES in Maryland, but just one state.

41. Ever go to college? Bachelor's Degree. Really helps with making beds and doing laundry.

42. Where are you right now? At home, at my computer counter in the kitchen.

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Crappin' snow and ice.

44. Last song listened to? The soundtrack on someone's blog.

45. Favorite TV show? Changes often. Right now I'm really loving House - I think the writing is just downright clever, and the characters are intriguing. Very different.

46. Are you allergic to anything? Cats and dust.

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? My Columbia day hikers - so comfy - if they're good enough for hiking, they're good enough to wear all day through the house and about town!

48. Are you jealous of anyone? Besides the independently wealthy? Nah.

49. Is anyone jealous of you? If they are, they should be committed.

50. How many pillows are on your bed? Four - two for me, two for the dog, none for Mark! Just kidding!

51. What time is it? Almost 9. AM.

52. Do any of your friends have children? Most - but not all.

53. Do you eat healthy? We eat home at least 18 meals a week - how do I know this? We limit going out to eat to 3 times a week or less. And we never, never, never eat out of boxes. Except for cereal. So this translates to: yes, we eat disgustingly healthy. Except for when I make gooey desserts.

54. What do you usually do during the day? If you're a mom, you already know this. If you're not, you don't want to know.

55. Do you hate anyone right now? Do Presidential candidates count?

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Yup, and I'm not sure how this can possibly be construed as an interesting question.

57. What do you want to do with your life? Raise my children healthily (is that a word?) and successfully to adulthood, enjoy each day to the fullest, see as much of the world as we can afford and make a positive difference in the world.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 38

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes - the one outside of DC. Not great.

60. How did you get one of your scars? I tore my face up after falling off the side of a rock wall I was climbing when I was 9. Not my best moment, but I was lucky to walk away with only a faceful of stitches.

No comments: