Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandma

Today is my mom's birthday - she's a Leap Year baby. Because she only gets one every four years, we usually try to make the one special, so this year, we're going down to visit for the weekend and a little beyond.
The boys are looking forward to a change of scenery. Grandma and Poppy live just over 2 hours away, so it's not like we can make a day trip out of it. Jonathan has been bugging me ever since Monday, asking "Is it Friday yet?" He loves to visit Grandma - probably because there's always someone else to run to and look cute when he's getting into trouble with Mommy!
Mark and I kinda like to visit, too - we get a chance to have some "dates". My parents are usually happy to watch the kids while we go see a movie, or go shopping or just out for a nice lunch somewhere. Plus, my sister's going to be around - she's in the middle of a two-week vacation from work, so it's more like a house party! A kind of, CROWDED house party, but we manage. That's what family does.
So Happy Birthday, Ma and Grandma. We look forward to celebrating with you this evening! Now I must go pack!

No comments: